Abilene, once a small Texas frontier settlement, has become the commercial, retail, medical and transportation hub of a 19-county area more commonly known as the “The Big Country”.
Abilene is now a thriving city where the past is celebrated and remembered in unique museums such as Frontier Texas and the Grace Museum. Abilene is the home of Dyess Airforce Base and the infamous B1 Bombers, as well as the 19th Century Fort Phantom Hill and the Texas Forts Trail.
Food and Vending Options
Nearby vending and dining options include:
- Vending machine at the entrance of ContinueCARE Hospital in the Jones 7th floor waiting area
- Cafeteria on 2nd floor of Hendrick Medical Center
- Chick Fil A is on ground floor of Jones Building near Jones entrance
- Taco Bell, Popeyes Chicken, AM Donuts, La Popular Mexican Restaurant, Subway all within 5 blocks.
Nearby hotels and accommodations include:
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Abilene located off I-20
- Hampton Inn and Suites located off
- Sleep Inn and Suites University
- Hendrick League House across from Hendrick Medical Center on Pine St.
- Whistle Stop RV Resort
- Houses for Healing (325) 673.HOPE (4673)
When you need help, call on these local resources:
- US Post Office located at 341 Pine Street – closes at 5:00 pm
- Sports Clips haircuts of North Abilene
Restock at these convenient shops:
- United Supermarkets is in walking distance
- Walmart Neighborhood Store 2 blocks west on Ambler
- Walmart Super Center 1650 TX 351
- Hendrick Pharmacy 1265 Ambler, Corner of Hickory and Ambler
- Walgreens and CVS on corner of N. 10th and Judge Ely
- Barnes and Williams Drug Center 701 Hickory St.
Learn About Our Services
Quality Care for the Critically Ill
Our hospital provides long term acute care for patients who require a long-term hospital stay. Many patients require an intensive level of care.
The ContinueCARE Difference
ContinueCARE Hospital at Hendrick Medical Center offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
- We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach with a care team of specialists working together for optimal patient outcomes.
- Each patient has an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences.
- We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way.
- We are located within the largest hospital in the Big Country, which gives us access to a wide range of specialities.